We have the ability to have you host your small group online. This option might appeal to those groups whose members:
- Travel for work
- Live in different locations
- Are stay-at-home moms who want to meet after they put their kids to bed
We are using the online video calling software, Google Hangouts, which allows up to 10 people to easily meet online from any of the following devices: Windows PC, Mac, iOS, or Android. It is free, but it does require that all attendees have a google account.
If you do not have a google account click here to sign up for a free Google account. Once you have a google account simply click here and sign in to hangouts. If you plan on using your phone or tablet, click the corresponding link below to download the Hangouts app.
App Download Links:
Each group member will need to download and sign in to Hangouts and then share their email address with you, the host, so you can invite them to your online group meeting.
Here are a few suggestions to help your online group time run smoothly:
- As your group members download the software and create Google Accounts, make sure they share their email address associated with their Google Accounts with you so you can easily initiate a group chat.
- Each week you as the host will be responsible for initiating the group video call. You will input the email address for each attendee into google hangouts to invite them to your video call. For a tutorial on how to do this Click Here
- Encourage your group members to do the daily devotionals and watch the small group videos prior to your group chat. This will ensure your group chat time can be used for discussion and prayer.
- Bonus: We’ve found that by creating a shared Google Doc, you and your group can share prayer requests, praise reports, and include additional info regarding discussion topics which will help members stay connected throughout the week. It also allows those who had to miss a meeting to stay connected. This is better than a flurry of emails going back and forth. The Google Doc instantly updates and anyone with the shared link can contribute. Click here to see the Google Doc Quick Start Tutorial.
- Make sure you watch the HOST training videos on this page so you are equipped to HOST your group.